Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ivana, Petar and Mika Arrive

Anita's Sister and her family came a week ago. We took them up to Jerusalem and figured out the last few Stations of the Cross by hanging close to a tour group. This photo is what is thought to be Jesus' tomb.

I also took Mika Surfing on an ideal learning day. We got him up on the long board a couple of times.



For the weekend we drove to Jordan to see Petra. Its 150km as the crow flies but I think it is 800km of driving or more because you have to run south to the Red Sea to cross the border then back north. Petra was amazing and I took the film camera but forgot the digital camera in the car at the border. We are still waiting to get the pictures developed so these pics are from Mika's camera. It was an amazing site but very hot (over 95F by noon) and lots of hiking. Not so easy with the kids. The second morning Anita and I went and left the kids with Ivana and Mika (thanks a bunch). It was some very rare alone time for us and we used it to cover a lot of ground in Petra for 4 hours. We went at 6am and we were the only ones in Petra for hours. It was great!

















On the way home we stopped in the Dead Sea. Only Mika and I floated. It was hotter than any bath I would have considered taking. It takes no effort to float. The water feels more like mineral oil than water.

No comments: