Thursday, June 12, 2008

"Just look at how super cute I am!" says Everett. He is quite the walker and carriers around everthing he can. Hanna wants to ride the scooter (Hebrew translation - coconut) by herself. Ella has taken an interest in her bike. Hopefully the training wheels come back off soon. Everett also wants to skip walking and go to bike riding.








We checked out Stalactite Cave up by Jerusalem. It was very cool, one large room. Found when a stone quarry blast exposed a hole in the wall. Being in the cave kind of freaked out Ella some.















We had a week of ups and downs. For the ups we have grass in the yard! We also got window screens for the house. Anita's sister Ivana with her man Mika and little man Petar arrive on Sunday morning 12:30am. On the downs I did an 85km Mt Bike race with 7 starters in the Elite group and finished first in the 30+ age group after 3 flats (I was 4th). My bane was my desire for a light bike and removing my slimed tubes and then punished by a long lost relative to the goathead. For the 3rd flat I had to ride a couple of km back to the car past the start finish line to get a new wheel and because of the lanaguage difference didn't know I was DQed for this. I really didn't need the suffering of the last lap and it was pointless in the end. To be DQed from a race is also a first for me, like taking a Road bike to an Mt Bike race the weekend before. I also got a speeding and parking ticket on different days. I'll get this Israel thing figured out before we go home.

No comments: