Thursday, June 9, 2011

heavy surf

We have the mosquitos in check.  Nets are working and liberal use of bug spray and they become a non issue.  We have lots of wild life around; 2-3 iguana's run around on the roof, lots of lizards, tons of toads at night and several geckos inside the house.  There is no shortage of bugs for them to eat.

Pictures of water like sea, ocean, rivers just can't do the size any justice.  You just can't get it on 2-d film from the beach.  But since the day we arrived the surf has been big.  I've only surfed our beach break every day and it's hard work to swim out.  I probably should have gone looking for a point break to manage the situation but heading out the door to the beach is awesome.  On Tue while trying to swim out a wave lip came down on me and my old board, it broke in 3 pieces.  The board was the more durable, heavy duty epoxy board vs. the lighter fiberglass.  Outside looking down the face of these waves its 6+ feet of water crashing down.  I have a rental board for now and am still waiting for the board I ordered to arrive.  More careful swimming and body placement will hopefully avoid any additional broken boards.

Ham it up on the hammock!

No comments: