Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sleeping

Like good farmers the kids like to wake up at dawn. Everett is the best at it, if we don't dark out his room he is up at 5am after staying up till 8:30. Here are the results of an early wake up.




And here is our Angel Hanna so innocently catching an afternoon nap.








Bike race last weekend was a bust, I flatted in the first 5 min. Then my spare didn't hold air and rode it to the start line. It was a 3 lap race. After loosing 10min in an hour race I pulled my self back to 24th out of 70.



One of the two neighbors left for the US the other week sadly cutting our primary social circle by 33%. Two less playmates for the kids. Currently our fridge is out for the 6th day and we use their fridge for our perishables. After 5 days of no show and poor repairs they have IDed the compressor and we have to wait to order it. We can’t swap fridges with the empty neighbor house because it won’t fit! Oh well we eat less with it across the street, try that for your next diet. Also Anita’s oldest sister and the youngest brother are here. They are off for 4 days to the north of Israel to Hike the Jesus Trail. I took a couple of days off and am watching the kids.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Dan,,, I know what you meant to say... but good vampires "wake up at dusk"

jc

Doornbos Family Adventure said...

I switched that for dawn, thanks. I'll have to keep the camera at the ready and catch our vampires in action. All the little monsters wind up biting each other at least once a day!

Anonymous said...

hey Dan,
we have a few farmers here too- both these boys are early risers, Luka is a bit better now that school has started but on the weekends they are up early always!

love the photos i've never tried napping in the dirt but i know i've felt like it a few times especially while out riding w/ you guys in ABQ!

Aimee