Sunday, May 13, 2007

Momma's Day

It is Mothers Day and this is the only photo of Anita on the camera. I need to get one, she looks great. We went to Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI). Very cool with a big flavor of Abq Explora. But this is even more informative for Adults. I could have spent a whole day there vs. the three hours we did. I'll be glad to go back with grandma and grandpa. Next time will hit the USS Blueblack, a fast attack diesel sub decommissioned in 1990.





Ella was dancing in the earthquake simulation room. Hanna liked playing with the air tube/foam ball fun time.




Yesterday we went to Alpenrose Velodrome, 1/6th of a mile and 43 deg banked. I road it once a few weeks ago and it scared me so bad I only road the banks at full speed. Anyway Sat am I get the green light to race. We got there right at the end of warm up and registration. We got Ella on the track for a 'kiddie 1k' which was cool fun for her. I however didn't take any practice laps on the track and road a few min on the rollers before race #1 of 3, a points race. I didn't crash myself or anyone else (I wore an old skin suit just in case). I actually settled right in once we started. It was easier for me to ride the track in a group than solo. I also won the race (all be it a Cat 3 race). The last (only) time I raced track was summer of 99 in Colorado Springs. I didn't win the next two and wound up third in the omnium. I won't bore you with my excuses. A guy named Mark Blackwelder destroyed the 1/2 field and lapped them solo in 2/3 races. I had a good time and am looking forward to some week night races.

No comments: